Hippity, hoppity, Easter’s on its way and Sunshine Sam has what you need to fill a basket with fun — without the sugar rush!
Here are our Top 5 non-candy gift ideas from Sunshine Sam!
5. Accessorize! Kids love to mimic the adults they see around them and Sunshine Sam has the pint-size accessories to help them. Our animal shaped necklaces by Cate & Levi are fun and colorful. Each chain is adorned with a colorful enamel coated pendant in your choice of crocodile, dog or giraffe. Elephant, hippo and sheep necklaces are also available as special orders. Our sticky ties, available in necktie and bowtie shapes dress up any plain t-shirt, come in a variety of styles. They are reusable and wipe down easily.
4. Craft! Young artists will love our collection of art supplies and, in particular, our recycled crayons that have been melted down and repurposed into fun shapes such as tools, rings and cookies. Young fashionistas can make and then wear their very own necklaces from our Pom Pom Necklace kit. Each package contains 3 large and 6 small pom poms, 30” of string and two needles. Recycling Craft Stickers by Box Plan turn your old milk cartons into fun transportation themed toys for hours of imaginative fun. The Made By Me activity kits are another great way for kids to make cars and trains that they can then paint or color in whatever style they choose. Sunshine Sam always stocks the ever popular Plus Plus Pieces, but to celebrate the season, we have plastic eggs stuffed with hard-to-find neon and pastel Plus Plus to make for an egg all the kids will want to find first!
3. Play! Now that Spring is almost here, it’s time to get outside. Adorn your youngster’s bike or scooter with one of our brightly colored bells by Schylling. Available in red, yellow, green or blue, kids love to make noise as they whizz on by! Kids love bouncy balls with unique designs and styles, but it’s a bummer when they pop or deflate. Bring-a-Ball lets you take any standard 12” balloon and place it inside the handmade, 100% cotton fabric sheath to create a sturdy balloon ball! The ball covering folds up small enough to fit in a pocket or backpack for easy portability, but it’s durable enough to protect the balloon inside from popping too easily. For those rainy spring days, check out Flapz! Remember the “fortune teller” and “cootie catcher” games from your younger days? This updated version made from eco-friendly Tyvek ® is lightweight, waterproof and impossible to tear. It holds up well to repeat play and contains nearly 100 fun challenges. Another classic game, Cat’s Cradle, comes with the string you need and instructions to keep little hands busy.
2. Something different! Our collection of Tattly Temporary Tattoos lets your little one make a statement without the commitment. Safe and non-toxic, these high quality tattoos are made with soy based ink and last for days. They are available in a variety of styles to suit your child’s tastes. Some kids love to save their pennies and others like to tote them around to spend, but either way, your child will love the coin pouches by Zippee! Choose from hedgehogs or foxes, the playful designs will be a big hit!
1. We cannot say enough wonderful things about our Surprise Balls. Unwrap hundreds of yards of streamers to unveil fun prizes hidden in the layers. In addition to the standard ball shape, you can custom order Easter balls in bunny and chick designs. These make a great solo or group activity that kids will enjoy as they destroy! HURRY! Orders must be placed by March 25th for Easter 2015, so act fast!
Candy is fun, but we think these sugar-free alternatives will last longer and be sweeter than a sticky treat. Visit us in the store at 40 West Passaic Avenue in Bloomfield, 24 hours a day at www.SunshineSam.com, or check out the newest items on Facebook!
blogged by Michelle Longo